Sunday 7 November 2021

Unity Tutorial 05

This week we are making the world around the character "whiz by":

New Functionality
  • Background repeats seamlessly
  • Background stops when player collides with obstacle
  • Obstacle spawning stops when player collides with obstacle
  • Obstacles are destroyed off-screen
New Concepts and Skills:
  • Repeat background
  • Get Collider width
  • Script communication
  • Equal to (==) operator
  • Tags
  • CompareTag()

In week 5 I had a problem with brackets in the application "Brackets" and on Twitter my professor responded and suggested to use Visual Studio therefore I installed it and I am trying it out for week 6. My professor suggested to watch the tutorials during my one and one with her to understand the codes I did over the reading week and I still don't understand them. This week I had a similar problem with brackets in Visual Studio and I think this occurs because I place the brackets in the wrong place or somehow they don't link. I enjoyed this weeks tutorial because even though I had difficulties I learned from my mistakes from week 5 and I was up for the challenge to learn from them again. I recently find myself spending more time than recommended for these tasks but next week I am hoping to time myself and be punctual with the time limit I should be spending on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment