Sunday 7 November 2021

Games GDD, Game Decision

 Reading

Article 1

A game design document is something new I have learned this week, I thought it would be a great way to communicate my ideas for my module but I have now learned it’s for memory aid too. Before reading this I questioned if I can in fact make my game design documents in various different ways and this article has answered my question especially with the embedded tweet of somebody’s game design document that is a journal. I found the design docs section to be helpful as it explains each section in detail, When I went onto the Project task for week 6 before reading this I had a difficulty understanding what I have to do but as I said this made it clearer and I will come back to this section if I find anymore difficulties. The rules for good design documentation made me realise I might not use Dundoc as suggested for my GDD, This section mentions “how to create design documentation superior to that used in the concurrent industry” therefore I will prioritise these rules and make them my checklist for my task. Keeping your words short is my favourite point as it showcases “less is more” and many times in my tasks I forget this and write as much as possible. Point number seven confused me as I didn’t think about including any code in my GDD as I don’t have any yet but after I finish this reading task I will look further into this point. 





www.youtube.com. (n.d.). Using a Game Design Document | BenderWaffles Teaches RPG Maker Tutorial HOW TO #2 Guide VX MV MZ. [online] Available at: https://youtu.be/1JopXec177w [Accessed 7 Nov. 2021].

Tutorial

From article one I learned a GDD is great for memory aid but in this tutorial the creator stated that a GDD is important because you might get "backed into a corner" and not know what to do next. I will use this template for my GDD Project task this week I find it to be the most helpful reading task this week. I wish there was a video for this reading week on abstract and derived classes for GDD because that confused me.

No comments:

Post a Comment