Sunday 17 October 2021

Unity Tutorial 02

Unity Learn. (n.d.). Learn game development w/ Unity | Courses & tutorials in game design, VR, AR, & Real-time 3D. [online] Available at: https://learn.unity.com/u/615a019bedbc2a70a5e0f983/?tab=completed [Accessed 17 Oct. 2021].

‌In this week’s Unity tutorial I have learned how to implement controls so whenever the player presses the arrows on the keyboard the vehicle in the game will react. The vehicle turns or accelerates depending on the input. I used new methods such as Vectors and Variables. 

I enjoyed this tutorial as I didn’t find it challenging. However I feel like explaining codes is needed because although I am practicing gaming development and coding I don’t know their meanings or rules. My game developing experience’s definitely play a big part when I do these tutorials as the recommended time for this task is 50 minutes but I finished the tutorial in less than 5 minutes. This blog post takes me a bit longer.


I found it a bit confusing on step 4 as in the video “* turnSpeed * Time.deltaTime” were placed differently compared to the instructions below. I learned that the order did not matter therefore apart from that I had no other difficulties.


I am looking forward to the upcoming assigned tutorials as I feel like perhaps I would understand the meaning of codes more. I am also excited to use these new upcoming skills and the ones I already obtained in the future. I am also excited for the following tutorials as each week they will get progressively harder.


No comments:

Post a Comment