Sunday 17 October 2021

Feedback Strategies

 https://www.kqed.org/mindshift/40369/preschoolers-and-praise-messages-that-can-help-kids-grow

KQED. (n.d.). Preschoolers and Praise: What Kinds of Messages Help Kids Grow? [online] Available at: https://www.kqed.org/mindshift/40369/preschoolers-and-praise-messages-that-can-help-kids-grow [Accessed 17 Oct. 2021].

I agree with this article because older people have an effect on children especially that young. What our parents say and do shapes us to who we are today. I really enjoyed reading this article and I found the first point “ Replace Generic Praise with Process Praise” to be accurate. Many children lack this experience as they grow up. It’s not to say that you shouldn’t praise your child when they accomplish something but don’t forget to praise the steps they made to get that far.


The second point evolves around the idea of “Never give up” and “Practice makes perfect” as children fall into the trap of giving up once they find something too challenging. 


This article should be given to every parent as little things like this can battle low self esteems. 


I have learned from this article that parents shouldn’t be the only one’s praising somebody such as their child. I learned you can do this to others at any age. I feel like the article should have concluded with giving other praise like this.




https://nextbigideaclub.com/adam-grant-give-bad-feedback-without-jerk/8968/

Grant, A. (n.d.). How to Give Bad Feedback Without Being a Jerk. [online] Next Big Idea Club. Available at: https://nextbigideaclub.com/adam-grant-give-bad-feedback-without-jerk/8968/ [Accessed 17 Oct. 2021].


I agree with the first point in the article as an explanation after critical feedback is necessary in my opinion. Without an explanation there may be personal negative feelings towards you. I agree with the second point the most as I do this myself too. Don’t seem like a know it all and include your own experiences as relatability create a common ground. Many people do give feedback without asking the person and I often fall into this trap. I have learned to stop some of my behaviours because of this article and I will recommend this article to others. I also feel like the article didn’t include something important. In my opinion it is important how you present yourself when you give the feedback therefore just be sweet, calm and welcoming instead of being stone cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment