Friday 4 February 2022

Tutorial 01


This semester we had a choice between the VR Unity tutorials and 2D Unity tutorials and I have chosen the 2D path. I found the “Get started with Ruby’s Adventure” tutorial to be easy therefore I didn't have any difficulties. These tutorials are different from the tutorials we had last semester as they have pictures or gifs and they are explained in visual words. I found this to be a lot more helpful. I will come back to this tutorial in the future as I think the explanations are very useful. In this tutorial we set up our project, created a new scene and added the main character Ruby. We received the character by downloading the given resource in the overview- “Ruby.png” and in the end we wrote out first script to move the main character. I will talk about the "World Design- Tilemaps" tutorial when the time will come because I am facing difficulties there and I can see how long it will take me to figure out how to solve it. I wish we could learn how to make the characters from scratch instead of downloading the png. I enjoyed the detailed explanations in each step. My goal is to perhaps finish the 2D path and personally try out the VR path.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment