Sunday 20 February 2022

Analysis

In this week's reading I have learned the following: 

-You do not have to read from beginning to end but let your eyes glance over the sentences. This way thought me how to read a scholarly article in a way that can help my comprehension while saving me some time. 

-Before I begin reading, I must be sure to have a clear topic statement or research question in mind. 

I learned about the different sections in an article like the one in the video and I have also been inspired to carry out a survey to include as a primary source from 


 https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1257523.pdf 


Boudadi, N. and Gutiérrez-Colón, M. (2020). Effect of Gamification on students’ motivation and learning achievement in Second Language Acquisition within higher education: a literature review 2011-2019. The EUROCALL Review, [online] 28(1). Available at: https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1257523.pdf

My Survey


I found this week's reading to benefit me the most as I understand how to read a scholarly article and I have also done lots of research on the Matrix method and at last I finally understand it. I have filled up the chart in an Excel spreadsheet and I find it so much easier to store the information I need in an organized layout. 


My Matrix
I am currently working on my 6th source mentioned in the Harvard Reference in this blog post.


I research articles on the internet through Ecosia and I copy and paste them into a Miro board for me to go through each article and pick the most reliable one.  

My aims for the following week is to start writing my first draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment