Friday 8 October 2021

Unity Tutorial 01


I found this tutorial really easy as I have experience with Roblox Studio. The only difficulty I experienced Personally I think the written instructions are better than the videos. Here we had to learn WASD, how to place the car and the obstacle, how to move the camera and place it in a way where it's looking down behind the car and a new layout. I didn't like the new layout as I feel like I work better in the default layout therefore I skipped step 7. I enjoyed this tutorial as i found it to be a recap.





I found this tutorial still quite easy I feel like this tutorial really helped me as I wasn't that experienced with scripting (C# Scripts) before. I was a little confused on step 6. as they didn't specify what numbers I should change the mass to therefore I had to watch the video. I also went through a little bit of difficulty when I double clicked on my first scrip it took me to Adobe Dreamweaver but I wanted to script this in Brackets therefore I had to delete Adobe Dreamweaver. In this lesson we can now add movement to the car as it crashed through all the obstacles we have duplicated. I enjoyed the scripting in this tutorial as I would like to learn more of it but I feel like we should learn about the meanings in coding for example what does "Vector" mean etc.



I found this this tutorial very helpful as I never had an experience where I can make the camera follow the object and in this case it was the vehicle. I didn't have any difficulties in this tutorial. I enjoyed this tutorial once again because of the scripting.


my work on Unity.


1 comment: