Sunday 24 October 2021

Game Vision Statement

Introduction

After receiving feedback from my professor in the Multimedia Development module on my ideas I have learned that my ideas are very complex. I won't have enough time to make any of my ideas except the pizza delivery one but that game idea was not satisfactory to me therefore I will take the bones of some of my ideas and form a new one that is less complicated and time consuming. I had difficulties before writing this blog post as I had to rush a structured idea before the deadline tonight.


In this blog post I will be discussing my Game Genre, Gameplay, Resources required, Link(s) to sources and Image(s).

  • Game genre

The game genre I chose for my final project will be a survival/ obstacle game. In order to survive you cannot fall. This game might also be described as a platformer game where the player jumps higher than they would in real life and have to jump around these platforms to navigate the end to the stage. The target audience for this gameplay are dog lovers/ animal lovers. Games like this are usually appreciated by children or children about to step into their teenage lives as people that are around eighteen wouldn't play these games. 

  • Gameplay

The player will enter the game and start it as a dog. In my original idea I wanted the player to choose their dog but since this would be time consuming to create many dog breeds I will choose one. The player will use the space key to jump and use the “W” key on the keyboard to move round. This is similar in Roblox as you control your character's direction with the camera and use the “W” key to move forward. There will be sound effects such as the dog barking or thumps every time the dog jumps and lands but there may also be background music if it will be possible to include it. The inspiration behind this project will be my own dog that is a chihuahua therefore I might use her to be the main character. The dog will be surrounded by the woods with natural light shining through the trees. The obstacles will be logs, rocks etc. The colour scheme and aesthetic will consist of nature therefore greens, blues and browns. There will be checkpoints for the player whenever they fail to complete a stage in the obstacle course successfully as restarting the game completely would discourage further enjoyment. The background won't change as the player reaches every checkpoint as I feel like this will be more complex and I wouldn't be able to achieve this in eight weeks. I will implement as many stages as possible until the deadline therefore I cannot estimate how many stages I will make.

  • Resources required

The resource’s required for my game will include Unity Hub. In my module we have been learning to use this for weeks now and we can finally put it into use ourselves without tutorials. I will try to record my best friends dog as makes sounds like barking therefore I will have sound effects coming from the dog character in the game but if I cannot do this I will try to find suitable sound effects from the internet and Harvard reference. Although the dog sound effects might become secondary I can make primary sound effects such as thumps whenever the dog lands from a jump mechanic, running mechanic etc. I will try to do my own background music for the game and if not I will not use any copyrighted music as i’m sure it wouldn’t be allowed. I will use the Unity Hub tutorials we have been doing for weeks as I have mentioned before to implement some codes for my own game and youtube tutorials from creators that also use Unity Hub for codes that have not been included in the Unity tutorials.

  • Link(s) to sources.

https://gamequiche.com/2015/02/24/dog-hotel-mobile-free-to-play-review-mans-best-friend-just-got-friendlier/


https://imgc.allpostersimages.com/img/print/posters/chase-swift-corgi-jumping-over-obstacle-at-dog-agility-competition_a-L-8665233-14258389.jpg


https://www.pinterest.pt/pin/799459371333562095/


https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download


https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=unity+hub+tutorials


  • Image(s). Find at least one image that you think you could use, something that really represents your game. As always, include image information.

Park, A. (2015). Dog Hotel Mobile Free-to-Play Review -- Man’s Best Friend just got Friendlier. [online] GameQuiche. Available at: https://gamequiche.com/2015/02/24/dog-hotel-mobile-free-to-play-review-mans-best-friend-just-got-friendlier/ [Accessed 24 Oct. 2021].


I chose this image as one of the pictures that really represents my game as I will have a 3D obstacle game like this as I mentioned before. My game will be similar to this but the obstacle will be very different.

Allpostersimages.com. (2021). [online] Available at: https://imgc.allpostersimages.com/img/print/posters/chase-swift-corgi-jumping-over-obstacle-at-dog-agility-competition_a-L-8665233-14258389.jpg [Accessed 24 Oct. 2021].


This is another image that fits with the visual idea I have in my head. Hopefully I can make my game similar to the colour scheme in this image and the one below it.


Pinterest. (n.d.). Super Backyard Ideas For Dogs Diy Obstacle Course 63 Ideas | Backyard obstacle course, Kids obstacle course, Diy backyard. [online] Available at: https://www.pinterest.pt/pin/799459371333562095/ [Accessed 24 Oct. 2021].


I like this obstacle course and it would be aesthetic if I added a forest around it therefore this image is maybe the closest to what I have in mind for my game.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Dominika,
    I really am interested in the game and I love dogs so definitely this will be one of my favorite games. I like how there will be different stages to the game but I suggest to make it just one stage so as to keep it simple and easy to achieve also you could make it challenging after each checkpoint or by adding more obstacles to the game. I think by adding music to the background will give the game a mood and a vibe to make it enjoyable and fun to play. Liked this blog post and looking forward on what your game will look like :)

    ReplyDelete