Sunday 10 October 2021

Feedback Thoughts

Seven Ways to Crush Self-Doubt in Creative Work

 
https://spencerauthor.com/seven-ways-to-crush-self-doubt/

In the first point he talks about not comparing yourself to others. This is a real issue in society these days as we compare ourselves on social media. He mentioned how this can lead to seeing others as a competition rather than a community and i think Instagram plays a big part in this.

The second point hit close to home as I constantly strive for perfection in everything I do. I feel like I can't completely abandon it like he has suggested because it has been a big part of me for most of my life and I can't just change that but i can try to moderate myself with it.

Spencer, J. (2019). Seven Ways to Crush Self-Doubt in Creative Work. [online] John Spencer. Available at: https://spencerauthor.com/seven-ways-to-crush-self-doubt/ [Accessed 10 Oct. 2021].


I‌ really liked this quote/ image in this article, It's creative and totally true! I didn't look at the growth mindset like that before so it really helped me open my mind to it more. 



Why rejection hurts so much — and what to do about it

https://ideas.ted.com/why-rejection-hurts-so-much-and-what-to-do-about-it/

 In this article I liked the point where it was mentioned that we have a need to be stable within society so when someone criticises us we get unsettled. I also think the point where they talk about self worth being harmed is the most hurtful all of them all because many of us have low self esteem and this just brings us down more. We get personally connected to the criticism. 


This quote answers the question of why it hurts so much when you are rejected. When you are rejected or criticised try not to take it personally and reflect on what you may have done wrong and avoid it in the future. In this article they talk about how we need to remind ourselves we are loved and appreciated in this article therefore make plans with your family and friends! Take your mind off of things to overcome overthinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment