Thursday 24 November 2022

Publishing Task 2 (5%)

(Section A) – What we will build? 

The website genre I aspire to build will be based on art. Users will be able to read these reviews and publish their own comments under them, there will also be image and/ or video-based tutorials for users that would like to learn certain new techniques. The result will have a professional and minimalistic look with a navigation accessible to everybody of any age. The two UX features that I have decided to incorporate into my website are  

  1. 1. Adding a wish list/ favourite’s option for users so that they can organise the content through their own preferences. For example: If the user wants to go to a certain tutorial, they can reach this content in their favourites instead of looking for it. 

2. A simple navigation and format throughout the website down to easy to read typography with the recommended fonts and sizes and overall accessibility.


https://artreview.com/ is a visual the perfect example of a website I would like to create it uses a lot of imagery which is one of my goals

 

(Section B) – Why build it? 

The website genre that I have chosen will be easy to write about as I am an artist myself and art is very expandable therefore it will have to be upgraded frequently. With this chosen genre I will incorporate images and videos, lessen the number of clicks, the visibility of the website will be minimalistic as I will strive to avoid cognitive overload from my users, I will add plugins that will censor inappropriate comments and protect against spam and lastly a plugin for a favourites/ wish list option as mentioned in the above section. The navigation will consist prominent artistic themes for example: surrealism, abstract etc. and under these themes the content structure of art reviews and tutorials for that specific theme will be held.  



The image above shows the videos I will include for my users under 'tutorials.'

 

(Section C) - How to Build it? 

I will use the following plugins: 


1. WooCommerce 

2. YITH WooCommerce Wishlist 



After testing which plugin to use for the wish list goal I have found YITH WooCommerce Wishlist is the best one to use. I found that I had to download WooCommerce as the wish list plugin would not work without it.


3. Akismet - the anti-spam plugin

4. For my last plugin my goal is to use Jetpack for security- in order to test this plug in I have to upload my website online.


The theme I want to use is called: Blocksy.

After completing further indepth research about Wordpress- Ferdy Korpershoek said that this theme is the best free theme for Wordpress currently in the market.

https://youtu.be/KWuc4vITAVY 

It provides you with more functionalities than any other theme.

 

(Section D) - Interacting 

I enjoyed Karen's blog post for this publishing task and she is considering to do similar UX features like me for example she will also make it accessible for any person to read and uphold their attention span as she has stated that posts can stretch their word count to as far as 1000 words. A block of writing that big will discourage users from staying on your site.


Karen's blog: https://cmskarenmachie.blogspot.com/2022/11/ux-goals-publishing-task-2.html?sc=1669318614839#c1747934920155569843












2 comments:

  1. I Enjoyed reading this blog, I see we are both opting for similar UX features on our websites. Especiallywhen it comes to laying out items for visitors to click into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool website Idea, we both have a similar website type with similar UX principles we want to apply! most importantly the ease of navigation. looking forward to the end result.

    ReplyDelete